The job of the Gallery Manager is to assist the Curator and Director
to conceptualise and deliver Pulp Society’s programs of exhibitions,
artist residencies, workshops, events and other.
Submit your CV,a covering letter,
and two references to email@example.com
Working as a part of a small young team, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with artists and liaise directly with visitors to the gallery. This is a forward-facing role that would require interacting with many different people during the day. The selected candidate would be involved in the programming decisions at the gallery and would have the opportunity to propose projects within the framework of the annual calendar. The ideal candidate has an avid interest and curiosity about contemporary art and design, especially relating to print, paper and publishing.
To apply, please submit your CV, a covering letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th, 2020.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This position is 4 days a week (Wed-Sat) and has an immediate start date.
Specific tasks include:
• Managing day-to-day admin of the gallery including handling e-mail inquiries, managing mailing lists, corresponding with workshop attendees and mentors, etc.
• Assisting with logistics and operational support for programs including booking travel, accommodation and other hospitality as required.
• Co-ordinating production of exhibitions and displays including handling artwork inventory, preparing contracts, overseeing production schedules and timelines, and preparing artwork invoices and shipments.
• Assisting with gallery communications including updating the website and social media with content.
• Welcoming audiences and visitors to the gallery during opening hours, Wednesday - Saturday, 11am - 7pm.
• Occasional late evenings for events would be required.
• Has a minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in a related field; or; has an active interest in contemporary art and design and has experience in project management.
• Is enthusiastic, motivated and can work independently from instruction.
• Has careful attention to detail and works well within given timelines.
• Is organised, systematic and comfortable with Google Drive suite (Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.), WordPress, Facebook and Instagram.
• Has good interpersonal skills and is able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
• Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and/or other editing software is not required but is a plus.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview at Pulp Society. Incomplete applications will not be considered for selection.