Pulp Society announces an Open Call for artists and designers
across India for its first Residency in Screen printing.
16.03.2020 TO 28.03.2020
The Residency provides uninterrupted time to produce a new body of work and a supportive atmosphere for creative growth and development in innovative printmaking techniques.
The goal is to generate new ideas,
allow artists to take risks by giving them a forum to challenge the stereotypes
of printmaking, and explore new methods and techniques while questioning their own practice.
Pulp Society will select two artists/designers for a two-week residency at Pulp Studio in New Delhi. Our team will work with each resident to create a supportive environment and will provide curatorial and production support through their stay.
To apply, please submit the following to with the subject line 'Screenprinting Residency Application 2020':
• 10 images of your past work (no more than 25 MB)
• A brief introduction about you and your work (300 words)
• What you will work on during the residency (300 - 500 words)
Artists, designers and printmakers resident in India are eligible to apply.
Applicants of all ages and experience levels are welcome to apply.
FACILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
Pulp Society will provide:
• Access to screenprinting facilities and studio space
• Domestic travel
• Technical assistance and production support
• Curatorial support
• Materials budget
• Artist fee
• Residency event and Open Studio at the end of the residency
Selected artists are expected:
• To produce a new body of work during the residency
• To host one interactive program (artist talk / workshop / happening) during their stay**
• To display their work in the Open Studio at the end of the residency
• To donate a part of works produced during the residency to the Pulp Society Gallery***
* Pulp Society will provide basic printmaking facilities (A3 screens, inks and papers). Any additional or specialized equipment will be the independent responsibility of the artists themselves.
** Pulp Society will support the artist/s to conceptualise and enable the interactive program. The proposed program will be discussed at the time of selection.
*** 50% of the works produced by the selected residency artist will be maintained for sale by the Pulp Society gallery.